Graphite metal spiral wound gaskets are widely used in petroleum, chemical, machinery, metallurgy, electric power, shipbuilding and pipelines, valves, pumps, pressure vessels, condensers, towers, manholes, hand holes and other flange joints for static sealing. Because of its high mechanical strength, easy to use, good compression and resilience, it is more suitable for applications in severe temperature alternating applications. It is made of high-quality alloy belt or stainless steel strip material, and graphite, asbestos and PTFE are used as filling materials for "V" or "W" type interphase spiral winding. The proper installation and use of graphite metal wound gaskets is especially important.
1. Install the graphite metal wound gasket to ensure uniform and symmetrical fastening bolts; however, the design value should not be reached once. Generally, it should be circulated for at least 2 to 3 times so that the stress distribution of the gasket is uniform.
2, graphite metal wound gasket and flange sealing surface should be cleaned, there must be no defects such as scratches, spots and other defects that affect the connection sealing performance.
3. The outer diameter of the graphite metal wound gasket should be smaller than the outer surface of the flange sealing surface. The inner diameter of the sealing gasket should be slightly larger than the inner diameter of the pipeline. The difference between the two inner diameters is generally 2 times the thickness of the sealing gasket to ensure the sealing after compaction. The inner edge of the gasket does not protrude into the container or pipe to prevent interference with the flow of fluid in the container or pipe.
4. To ensure the service life of the gasket, please do not use liquid or metal matrix anti-adhesive or lubricant.
5. If there is any leak in the pipeline, it must be replaced after the pressure reduction treatment or adjust the installation gasket.
6. The gasket must be placed in the center of the flange, which is especially important for the shoulder flange.
7. Check and recalibrate the torque of the connecting bolt after one cycle of operation of the valve piping system.
Previous: No Information